Door Glass Replacement
A damaged car window can be caused by anything from flying rocks to a collision. In certain areas of Portland, car break-ins are a common cause of destroyed windows.
Regardless of the reason, broken car windows need to be addressed immediately. Ensure the safety and security of your vehicle, your passengers, and your belongings.
Minor damage such as chips, leaks, and broken seals can lead to bigger problems if not taken care of in a timely manner.
Rock chips can be small but they grow and compromise the strength of the entire window. Worn seals, on the other hand, can allow water to access interior areas of the vehicle, leading to additional repairs. We use high-quality glass, gaskets, and sealing methods to ensure your door window replacement is water-tight.
- SIR Auto Glass offers same-day window glass repair and replacement for most cars, vans, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- We stand by our craftsmanship regardless of the scale of damage.
- We work with a number of manufacturers to make sure that you’re getting the best price.
How does car door window replacement work?
In most cases, the interior door panel has to be removed in order to access the mounting hardware that holds the window in place. As cars get more technologically advanced, the process involves more detailed steps including unhooking quick-disconnect power plugs from their switches and so forth. Since the process requires special tools, safety equipment, and disposal techniques, we highly recommend leaving the job to a professional door glass installer.
Types and sections of auto door glass.
- Front door glass – Broken or obstructed front-view auto glass is illegal on Oregon roads.
- Rear door glass – The back door windows and small panels called quarter-glass help with visibility and accessing blind spots while driving. If they are broken or otherwise obstructed by temporary fixes, your safety can be compromised. Access to items in the back seat also becomes much easier for thieves if the window is missing or partially damaged.
- Back glass – Back glass is just as important as the windshield when it comes to visibility. An obstruction in the rear-view can not only cause accidents, it can catch the unwanted eye of a highway patrol officer.
Preparation for vehicle window replacement at our Southeast Portland location
We gladly offer mobile services, but if you’d rather come to us, make sure to take these steps beforehand:
Call your insurance company right away if any of your door glass has been damaged and you are seeking a replacement. It is most likely that they cover service costs. Our customers are also relieved to find out that we work with most insurance companies, so don’t hesitate to call us if you’re unsure.
If there is glass shattered on the interior of the car and it’s preventing access, vacuum up the pieces as best you can. Use a flashlight to help locate shards in low-light situations, and wear protective gloves to avoid injuries.
Don't let a break-in ruin your day!
Mobile window glass replacement
If driving with one or multiple broken windows is too dangerous, we will send a technician to you at no extra charge. Our mobile service covers the entire Portland area and surrounding cities.
Our mobile fleet is fully stocked with materials and supplies to replace or repair:
- Front door glass
- Rear door glass
- Back glass